Saturday, December 29, 2012

Top 10 Best Books of 2012


This past Year has been great for me in all the reading I've done. I've read my goal amount of books which is over 100!!! I have probably used up all the space in my room because of how many books I've collected this past year. If I could I would post every single one of those books here and make the list more then ten. But I had to narrow down my picking and I'm going to post the top ten books that I really loved that I've read this year. So here they are:



#10
Otherkin by

The tiger caught my attention right away and I knew I would like it. So I finally bought Otherkin and you know what,
I really did love this novel. Everything was so different from what I’ve read before; because of the fact that she turns into a Tiger and the way she finds out about herself, not to mention Caleb's powers, I just couldn’t put this novel down.



#9  Eve by Anna Carey
I was so happy when I won a chance to get this book from the Book depository! I actually dropped a werewolf book I was reading to read this. Which is surprising because to me werewolf books come before any other genre. I was so glad though that I've read this book, it was great and surprising. I never knew what was going to be next and that's what I liked most about the series.




#8   Bloodrose by Andrea Cremer
It took me three day's to read this book and I just couldn't put it down. I stayed up till 4am to finish the book. I've read it and I'm happy that I read it, it was what I expected and more! A great ending to a great series!



#7 Destiny's Fire by Trisha WolfeSomething new and different, The fact that this is my first Steampunk novel I ever read made it that much more exciting. I learned lots of things from this book about Steampunk that I never new before (i.e hoverbikes). I finished this book in two days that's how exciting it was to read. It even had Shape shifters worked into the mix of the Steampunk genre which made it that much more better for me to read!



#6  The Selection by Kiera Cass 
One of my favorites of this year and I can't wait to read the second book. 
It has everything a book needs; it makes you laugh, cry and has those heart wrenching scenes. Everything a good book needs it has. This is why I give it 5 stars! and this is why it's on my top ten list of this year!


#5  Divergent by Veronica Roth
This book was amazing! I loved every minute of this adventure. I couldn't stop reading this book, and when I finally did it left me wanting more. I can see myself doing things in this book, such as facing my fears of heights and needles. However, since the Dauntless fortress is mostly of heights I would probably get kicked out. You see, part of the initiation is facing your fears.


#4 Cold Blood by Heather Hildenbrand
So after finishing Dirty Blood which is the first novel of the series I had to buy the second novel right away. I was not expecting this novel to be as good as the first one, it was more then good it was awesome! There was more interaction with characters, good plot line though the location was different and the ending will leave you breathless and wanting more.



#3 Iced by Karen Marie Moning  I’ve been waiting so long to read this book, and I'm happy to say that it was very much worth the wait. Nearly every moment kept me hanging on.
I would like to point out that while this is an adult book, 14-year-old Dani is not sexually active. However, characters around her do have sex. I did have one problem while reading this book; (its probably why this didn't make it to number one) I didn’t mind that sometimes the point of view changes to characters outside of Dani, but I found the POV of a character named Kat to be just filler.


#2  Whispers at Moonrise by C.C. Hunter It’s been a while since I’ve been this excited to read a book. This forth book of the series was just so good. Every moment of this book was exciting where I couldn't put it down for even a second. There was quite a few times it brought me to tears because of the sad scenes that happen in it, doesn’t help that I was reading this book on the subway with tears in my eyes.


#1  Hemlock by Kathleen Peacock This has got to be the best Werewolf Story I have read this year. From beginning to end the plotline of this book kept me hooked. It's unique in the way the werewolf tale is told. You have a mixture of characters and a mystery that needs to be solved. It was an awesome read and I can't wait for book two.

That's my top Ten!!!
So tell me your top ten of 2012, is any of my top ten make it on your list?

and not to mention aren't you guys glad that the world didn't come to the end, now we can read all the new books coming out in 2013!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm happy to see that I'm not the only one with Bloodrose on my list of top reads! Many of my fellow bloggers have been voicing their objections. LOL Iced is another awesome pick. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost forgot about Bloodrose until I saw it under my goodreads list. i loved how it ended and that's one of the reasons why it made it to my top 10!

      Delete