Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Seeker By Arwen Elys Dayton Review

Seeker
Author:  Arwen Elys Dayton
Release Date:  
February 10th 2015
Pages: 448
Genre: Science Fiction, Young Adult,
Fantasy



https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18363243-going-down-in-flames









Summary

Quin Kincaid has been put through years of brutal training for what she thinks is the noble purpose of becoming a revered ‘Seeker’.

Only when it’s too late does she discover she will be using her new-found knowledge and training to become an assassin. Quin's new role will take her around the globe, from a remote estate in Scotland to a bustling, futuristic Hong Kong where the past she thought she had escaped will finally catch up with her.


Review
I received a copy from the publisher via Netgalley for review

I really did try to read this book and It had a great start. Then things started to get confusing and annoying.

I don’t mind when there Is different points of views most of the time the author can do It right. At most two Is perfect but three Is the max for me so when a forth point of view Is added I just skipped over that point of view completely...I didn’t even know that Maud was a main character to need a point of view from.

Another thing I found annoying Is when the epic moment when the kids become seekers Is totally skipped over...I don’t know If the author was to afraid to come up with Ideas for that part or If It was to adult rating to put Into the book but seeing Quin and her cousin (?) Get back and are barfIng on the floor with blood on them I didn’t care. To me It looked like they went In there killed people for fu cause they were told to and suddenly they have a conscience... yeah no I felt no sympathy for them. Maybe If the author wrote the actual scene and explain why they feel the way they do It would be better but she didn’t.

Also john Is funny he wants Quin to stay with her crazy father but dissent tell her why Is stupid. Then again she listens to her father and killed those people so I can actually see her following what John says....

I didn’t finish reading this book I did try but I just couldn’t...



Rating
1 out of 5 Howling Wolves


No comments:

Post a Comment