Welcome to the 2013 Paranormal Reading Challenge hosted by Megan Likes Books and Auntie Spinelli Reads! This is my first time EVER hosting anything, so I'm quite excited! The lovely Megan came up with the idea for this, so all credit goes to her (well, I made the purty button!).
[Megan] There are so many awesome sub-genres of paranormal books, that it's easy to find one you like and stick with it. So that's why I decided to make a reading challenge with the goal of reading about all kinds of paranormal creatures.
- This challenge runs from January 1, 2013 to December 31, 2013.
- You must have a blog to able to participate, since reviews must be added to the linky.
- When you sign up with the linky, please put the link to your post about joining the Paranormal Reading Challenge.
- You're welcome to list your books beforehand or just add as you go.
- Sign-ups are open until December 1, 2013
- At the beginning of each month, I will post a kick-start post, each month featuring a different category of paranormal creature. This post will also include a linky to include your reviews from that month.
- Each review you link will qualify you for an entry into the monthy giveaway and if your review includes the feature paranormal creature of that month, you get a bonus entry.
- Each book can only count for one category, even if it contains more than one paranormal creature. For example, Twilight contains both vampires and werewolves, but you can't use it for both the vampires and werewolves/shifters categories.
- Everyone who completes the challenge will be entered into a grand prize giveaway at the end of the year.
- If you read multiple books from one category, feel free to add them to the linkies. Don't stop at just one!
- Book can count for other challenges.
The goal is to read at least one book featuring each of the following paranormal creatures:
- Other (ie: sirens, unicorns, centaurs, timetravel etc.)