Sunday, March 4, 2012

After I Win/Hoshigarimasen! Katsumade wa Manga Review



Author:
Itsuki Kaname

Artist:
Itsuki Kaname
Genra: Yaoi
Year: 2006
Original Publisher:
Houbunsha  
Volumes: 
 1 Volumes (Complete)
 Licensed (in English)
Yes
English Publisher
June






Summery

Beautiful and popular Nakatani Hiyori has fallen in love with his dormitory roommate and underclassmen Amano Kasumi. But being in the same room with the one you love day in and day out is a strain. From here, there is only one way to advance.



My Thoughts on the Manga
This was such a cute story, a bit fast moving but still cute. I'm pretty sure I've read it before, I probably have it on my manga shelf somewhere who knows but yeah I really do like the story!


Nakatani is a cute character, even though he's older then the other, he still acts just as cute. He doesn't know how to confess to the person he likes properly that he ends up getting hurt a few times. He's a bit preverted because of his brother and what happen in the past but otherwise he's just a big cutie who doesn't know how to express himself causing him to get nervous and get sick cause of that. Amano is cute and shy, he doesn't know if what he feels is the same as what Nakatani feels. He's also kind of slow but real sweat. I really like his character and if your wondering he's the brown haired on in the cover picture above.


As for the Romance, it moves quite slow because of how they have to deal with each others on insecurities about the relationship. Nakatani gets nervous whenever he's with Amano and gets sick to his stomach at the result. So they have to take it slow but it's sweat how they learn to be with each other and face their insecurities.


It's a great plot line showing how they first met and how they learned they both like each other. Then it shows you how they get over the small things to be together. Not to mention there is a cute sidestory at the end that tells you about Nakatani brother and a past releationship that has that character shown in the main story.


Manga design




This scene is from the second story and you see Nakatani brother. Anyways this Mangaka loves to put detail into each panel. Not only in a few pages, every page is almost as detailed as this. It's very well done and you can't help but fall in love with the characters because of how well it's drawn. This style of detail is what drew me into reading this manga, with all the detail put into it I wouldn't have read it otherwise. You can clearly see that there is detail in the hair and clothes not to mention the details in the face which you can clearly see what they are feeling. The characters are cute and memorable more so with the style they are drawn with.






Overall
It's a great short story and I do recommend reading it. It's not the best but it's cute and the romance is great when they get to it.

Rating
3 out of 5 Howling Wolves



2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a really cute story! I haven't read any mangas in what feels like ages. I used to read a lot, but well, that was way back then when I was still young and pretty ;D
    I do prefer shonen-ai over yaoi though, and yuri over both :D
    Anyhoo - just wanted to say: great review, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! Sounds like a cute manga. I will have to see if my library carries this one. I am currently reading Skip Beat! which started out a little slow but now I am devouring it.
    Book Sniffers Annonymous

    ReplyDelete