Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Review Die for Me





Die For Me
Author: Amy Plum
ISBN: 0062004018 (ISBN13: 9780062004017)
Release Date: May 10th 2011
Format: Hardcover
 Genres:
Young Adult, Paranormal, Romance, Fantasy, 
Zombies, Supernatural, Urban Fantasy






Summery
My life had always been blissfully, wonderfully normal. But it only took one moment to change everything.

Suddenly, my sister, Georgia, and I were orphans. We put our lives into storage and moved to Paris to live with my grandparents. And I knew my shattered heart, my shattered life, would never feel normal again. Then I met Vincent.

Mysterious, sexy, and unnervingly charming, Vincent Delacroix appeared out of nowhere and swept me off my feet. Just like that, I was in danger of losing my heart all over again. But I was ready to let it happen.

Of course, nothing is ever that easy. Because Vincent is no normal human. He has a terrifying destiny, one that puts his life at risk every day. He also has enemies . . . immortal, murderous enemies who are determined to destroy him and all of his kind.

While I'm fighting to piece together the remnants of my life, can I risk putting my heart—as well as my life and my family's—in jeopardy for a chance at love?

My Thoughts on the Book
I first heard of this book when Colleen Houck author of Tiger Curse Series hosted a YA Scanvenger Hunt which Amy Plum was apart of. I won her book Die for Me and her Ark Until I die, even though I revieved her book a while ago I waited till now till to read it because it was a genre of book I've never read before so I put it on hold. Now since I've read it I'm glad that I did, this new genre for me was a great read, it's new and inventive as far as I can tell.


It starts off with us learning that the main girl Kate parents died and that she and her sister moved to Paris to live with their grandparents to get away from everything. I've never lost anyone close to me but the way each sister handles their depression seems to fit. It actually made me aware of how their situation was devasating to them. Though out the book you will see Kate wondering if she could really be with Vincent and worry about losing him like she lost her parents. 


Reading this book I was drawn to the characters. I love how Kate our main character acted. She acted like any other person who lost loved ones would act. She is scared of being in that scenario again and made it hard for her to be with Vincent but you can see how much she loved him and it hurt her to be away from him. Vincent is another story, though he is hot, when I mean hot I mean drooling Hot!!
He's like any other boy of your dreams dark hair great body. I had only one problem with him, he is a damn stalker! that's the only issue I had with him. Through out the book it says how normal it is to stalk people after they saved them. I'm sorry but no it's not normal, if I was Kate I would be creeped out and stayed away. Dispite that I did like him and how much he loved Kate and how he wanted to let her choose whether or not she wanted to stay with him or leave him.

The Romance between Kate and Vincent is a cute slow process. You can tell that they are teenagers by the way they act, even though Vincent is 19. There is much teasing from Vincent's part but you can tell how much he likes Kate, even before they officially start going out. The officially start going out in the middle of the book and what makes it great was that their relationship is like any other real relationship it had it's bad points and good points.

Having the setting take place in Pairs made me so excited, because I've been to Paris before and I know how beautiful it was. I can still picture the effle tower at night and the bridge that over looked the river. I didn't go any further then that but being around that area made me believe the way Amy Plum discribed the areas Kate and Vincent traveled to. I just hopped to go back to Paris soon to travel around to those areas, especially that catacombs which is full of Skulls, hehe!. I'm not saying you need to be there to know what she's talking about, actually you can practically visualize where they go by her description alone.


Cover Design













The one on the Left is the new cover of Die for me, while the one on the Right is the old cover. I can tell you this I'm glad they went with the left, although the right cover does have more in common with the book then the cover on the left.

Left Cover
This cover is so beautiful when you hold it in your hands. The background red and stands out so much that it catches your eyes right away, the floorish's around the title adds to the design. The dress also is very beautiful on the girl (who I believe is Kate) who is looking over Paris. The faded effle tower right away shows you where this book takes place. This title font is perfect, it's in white which stands out against the red a lot, and it's evently space between the letters, although I would fix the Kerning(space between letters) of DIE, it's bothering me I think if they space the E a bit more it would be even spacing to the eye.

Right Cover
As for this cover, it's a bit of a newbi cover as in it's very fastly done. The title is what bothers me the most, there is no reason for there to be ghost letters under the title words. If they left that out it would have been much better in the design. This cover is really nice only problem is that it spoils the ending of the book. It is exactly what happens in the book minus a few details (which I'm not revealing hehe) and the dress is actually in the book. Having Yellow on blue though for the author name really doesn't work. In the end I'm glad they changed the cover to the one on the left, it works out for everyone and there is no spoilers.

Rating
4 out of 5 Howling Wolves



Extra:
Book Trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment